People® has taken another step with the most advanced mobile app for you!
People® has always believed in being user-friendly and efficient and provide 100% reliability to its users. With the same thought, we have updated our mobile app so you can continue your performance using your smartphones!
Let’s check out some gripping features of the People® Mobile App!
The updated People® mobile app aims to help you access accurate information, from anywhere. People® stores all your data in a single place, meaning you and your team can access it instantly, from anywhere.
By using the updated app, you can give your employees a system they’ll love because it is quick to learn and easy to access from any device. The mobile app is a painless way to manage HR tasks like holiday requests, expense claims, or performance reviews.
The app is released to users in phases and is available for you to download in the iOS app store and Android Play store!
People® has made a quick update for our users to access the logbook and document templates! Let’s check the points listed below and know more about our July-2020’s interesting enhancements for you!
Enhance your logbooks with a video and audio!
Logbooks are looking brighter and shinier, and that’s because we’ve improved the functionality. We’ve added features requested by customers, alongside features that will help you to streamline your processes.
Firstly, you can now preview a logbook from within the logbook settings. This makes it much easier to see what your logbook will look like when viewed by an employee.
Secondly, we’ve added 4 new fields to logbooks. Which are:
· Audio instructional
· Video instructional
· Text instructional
· Multiple choice
Last but not least, you can now specify who can sign a logbook, and you can actually lock the editing – so once your logbook is signed by whomever you have specified, no further changes can be made.
Please check our help documentation or contact our friendly experts if you need assistance.
One of the main changes you’ll notice, is we’re moving the ability to create a new document template into the settings section. From this section, you will be able to do the following:
· Add, edit and preview document template
· View history of previous edits, which is a new addition to document settings
· Specify which teams this document is relevant for
· Allow managers to use email inbox
A wealth of other new features are being added to documents
We’re giving you the power to copy existing document templates, and providing a range of new merge tags, which will allow you to merge logbook data, even from your custom logbooks. (FYI Ripple users, these new merge tags are also being added to Ripple email steps)
You’ll have the ability to use a merge tag in the document name.
Designate who needs to sign the document, whether dual signatures are needed, meaning both employee and manager need to sign, or if you just need a manager to sign.
Small changes are being made to how the documents tab appears, within the employees tab. You’ll get a quick view of who can access what document, and a new column to show if a manager has signed the document.
The Launch Editor allows you to check over the document and make any changes, before alerting the employee there is a new document to sign.
People® has always believed in helping its clients with all the support they require and by making regular features and user experience upgrades to the software. We’ve made our software release for June 2020, and listed below are some of the interesting enhancements for you!
1)Income Tax worksheet:
We understand that HR’s get several queries from employees regarding how they are calculating and deducting TDS from their salaries. In order to reduce the burden on HR’s, we’ve added an option on the TDS Declaration screen, where the employee can anytime go and see their Income Tax Worksheet, giving detailed information on all calculations done to arrive at the TDS value to deduct from their salaries.
2) Provisional Form 16:
You may download provisional Form 16 for employees from the Finance tab. The Provisional Form 16 is automatically generated by the system during payroll processing for leavers, and at the end of the financial year for all active employees.
3) Paid TDS Challan Details:
You may now record the details of the paid TDS challans under Finance Tab. This information is then used to generate the Form 24Q and Form 26Q files, and also used in the Provisional Form 16 document generated by the system.
4) Salary Details:
Salary Details has been moved from the Personal tab to its own new tab, and other related information has been added to this new Salary Details tab.
You may exclude certain employees from Payroll if desired.
Also, you may record previous employer salary for new joiners, for accurate TDS calculation.
5) Prorate TDS for New Joinee:
Usually, new joiners get a partial salary in their first month as per their date of joining. To lessen the burden of TDS for that first month, you may opt to Prorate TDS for New Joinee using the new setting made available under Settings -> Payroll -> TDS Settings.
6) Form 24Q and Form 26Q:
As a part of the payroll process, now the quarterly Form 24Q and 26Q file will also be generated for respective quarters. Form 24Q for TDS on Salary and Form 26Q for TDS on payments other than salary. You may see the formats of Form 24Q and Form 26Q and steps of online return filing using these generated files at https://www.tin-nsdl.com/services/etds-etcs/etds-steps.html
Staffing is a new module useful for companies who need to better manage the allocations of their employees on a project, and plan for future project allocations and review bench strength.
If this module is of interest to you, then please contact your Account Manager to get more details about the features and pricing.
8) Query Builder – Manager access:
The powerful Query Builder can now be shared with Managers giving them limited access to running queries that are not admin-only. Managers won’t have the option to create or edit queries, they will only be able to run them.
9) Bank Details – Disable edits by the employee:
To avoid accidental overwrites of sensitive Bank details by employees, you may now Turn Off the option to edit bank details by the employee if the details are already saved on their profile. The new setting can be found on the Settings -> Employee tab.
10) Shift details on Timesheet entry:
For quick reference, the Work Pattern name and Shift Times are now shown on the timesheet entry screen.
People® has always believed in helping its clients with all the support they require and by making regular features and user experience upgrades to the software. We’ve made our software release for May 2020, and listed below are some of the interesting enhancements for you!
1) TDS Declaration screen changes: Option added to let employees select Old or New Scheme for calculating Income Tax liability
2) Employee – New starter: Employee ID gets auto-generated, which can be edited if required
3) Release / Hide Salary Slips: You can decide when to release the Salary Slips after you review your payroll details! Also, as an option, you can email the salary slips to your employees! You may still download the zip of salary slips to review before releasing them to employees.
4) Employee salary Screen: An option has been added to define the payout frequency applicable for the entitlements and deductions! You can also capture additional information related to EPF and EPS enrolment of the employee.
5) Expense details prompt – Capture payment information: You may optionally capture the payment mode, the payment date, and remarks when marking an expense as paid.
6) Payment of contractors and subcontractors: New TDS option added, for Contractors and subcontractors with 1% TDS (0.75% for FY 2020-21). Also, No TDS option has been added for cases where you don’t want to deduct TDS.
7) New column “Reporting Manager”: Added Reporting Manager Column to Monthly Attendance Report (both detailed and summary)
8) Form 24Q (Q1 to Q4): As a part of the payroll process, now the quarterly Form 24Q file will also be generated for respective quarters.
9) Salary register changes: Employee Bank account information has been added to the Salary Register document generated as part of Payroll so that the disbursement instructions can be created quickly.
10) Challan Download Screen changes: This is useful if you need to update some company compliance information and then regenerate the challans & registers.
11) Bank Bulk salary transfer excel sheets: Option added to generate bank bulk salary excel sheet. Please contact your account manager to check the compatible banks and to get this setup.
12) Leave encashment calculation: You may select Other Events like Casual Leaves as well in addition to earned leaves, to be encashed during full-and-final settlement if your company policy allows it.